Welcome to the course Operational Analysis
Thanks for taking this course. After finishing it you will be able to
- Understand the core responsibilities of a Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
- Differentiate between information and intelligence
- State the steps of the Intelligence Cycle
- Assess the risk of Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs)
- Conduct an analysis of STRs including all steps of the intelligence cycle:
- Create a collection plan and a working hypothesis
- Collect information from the STR, the FIU database and other domestic databases like police records
- Collect information from closed and opened international sources
- Evaluate and collate the information
- Analyse the information
- Create and disseminate reports of your findings
This course is self-paced. You can start, take breaks and continue at any time. It is structured in sessions that build up on each other. So it is recommend to start with Session 1 and continue throughout the other sessions. Your progress is saved. Once you finished all session you will be eligable to obtain a certificate of completion.
This course is a joint development of the International Centre for Asset Recovery (ICAR) and the Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units and is based on the content of Egmont's "Tactical Analysis" on-site training.