Basel Open Intelligence
Basel Open Intelligence is a targeted open-source search tool. It helps compliance officers and investigators to spot and analyse potential links between individuals, companies and criminal activities.
- Runs one-click, multilingual searches on individuals and organisations.
- Searches 200+ keywords on financial and other crimes or custom keyword lists.
- Collates and filters open-source information from media, blogs, PEP databases and sanction lists.
- Displays highlights and excerpts for fast analysis.
- Extracts entities and identifies connections between persons, organisations, professional positions and locations.
- Generates custom reports.
Why use Basel Open Intelligence?
For compliance and due diligence
Compliance officers, accountants and lawyers consider Basel Open Intelligence an essential tool for third-party due diligence, risk assessment, employee screening, KYC and other compliance reasons.
- Gather information more quickly, easily and effectively thanks to one-click searches.
- Quickly spot whether a person or company represents a risk to your organisation.
- Complete simple due diligence checks in a couple of clicks.
- Enhance your third-party due diligence, carrying out more thorough information research without adding to your workload.
- Build detailed profiles of a person or company to identify potential risks.
- Cover your bases with a comprehensive search of publicly available information in several languages.
- Generate and print custom reports according to your company's needs.
- Searches are processed and stored securely on a central server – not on personal computers.
Financial Intelligence Units, anti-corruption agencies, police, prosecutors and investigative journalists worldwide use Basel Open Intelligence to help their investigative efforts.
- Identify priority areas at the start of an investigation.
- Speed up systematic intelligence gathering on suspect individuals and organisations.
- Build more comprehensive profiles of suspects, locations, corporate links and networks.
- Broaden investigations to other members of a suspect’s network.
- Automatically generate custom reports.
- Present information in a clear format that supports the creation of evidence for prosecution.
- Searches are processed and stored securely on a central server for greater anonymity and offline access, even if results later disappear from the internet.
How to use
We offer 2000 searches/year free for public organisations in countries eligible to receive development aid. Currently, we also offer a 50% discount to small- and medium-sized businesses (below 250 employees or USD 54 million in annual turnover).