Basel Open Intelligence
Targeted research for compliance and due diligence
Basel Open Intelligence is a powerful tool to streamline research as part of compliance processes, third-party due diligence and screening of new employees.
With a single click, it runs multilingual, open-source searches for names in combination with more than 200 keywords. If there is negative media or other public information about a person or company’s links to financial crime, law enforcement, judicial actions, Basel Open Intelligence will help you find it. The tool also helps you identify risks associated with individuals on PEP and sanctions lists.
Basel Open Intelligence helps you filter out the masses of information flooding the internet and to meet regulatory requirements around KYC and third parties, due diligence and AML/CFT.
- Instant, automated search for individuals and organisations – no more manual online searches.
- Pre-programmed with more than 200 relevant keywords of financial and other crimes in multiple languages.
- Keywords can be tailored to specific needs.
- Uses open-source information from media, blogs, PEP databases and sanction lists, avoiding confidentiality issues.
- Clear overview of results, with highlights and excerpts for efficient analysis.
- Extraction of persons, organisations, professional positions and locations to find related entities
- Uses external servers for searching and downloading documents, so searches can’t be traced to your organisation.
Why use Basel Open Intelligence for compliance and due diligence?
Compliance officers, accountants and lawyers consider Basel Open Intelligence an essential tool for third-party due diligence, risk assessment, employee screening, KYC and other compliance reasons. The automated search function makes the information-gathering process faster, easier and more effective, saving time and providing greater peace of mind.
- Quickly spot whether a person or company represents a risk to your organisation.
- Complete simple due diligence checks in a couple of clicks.
- Enhance your third-party due diligence, carrying out more thorough information research without adding to your workload.
- Build detailed profiles of a person or company to identify potential risks.
- Cover your bases with a comprehensive search of publicly available information in several languages.
- Results are stored securely offline or can be downloaded to generate custom reports.
- Searches are stored securely; encrypted with your private key.
Basel Open Intelligence also improves security and anonymity by automatically downloading search results to a central server for offline analysis and storage. This ensures the information is processed securely – not on personal computers.