This is great! You finished the course and are now eligible to download your certificate.
Welcome to the course Operational Analysis
Thanks for taking this course. After finishing it you will be able to
- Understand the core responsibilities of a Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
- Differentiate between information and intelligence
- State the steps of the Intelligence Cycle
- Assess the risk of Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs)
- Conduct an analysis of STRs including all steps of the intelligence cycle:
- Create a collection plan and a working hypothesis
- Collect information from the STR, the FIU database and other domestic databases like police records
- Collect information from closed and opened international sources
- Evaluate and collate the information
- Analyse the information
- Create and disseminate reports of your findings
This course is self-paced. You can start, take breaks and continue at any time. It is structured in sessions that build up on each other. So it is recommend to start with Session 1 and continue throughout the other sessions. Your progress is saved. Once you finished all session you will be eligable to obtain a certificate of completion.
This course is a joint development of the International Centre for Asset Recovery (ICAR) and the Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units and is based on the content of Egmont's "Tactical Analysis" on-site training.