This is great! You finished the course and are now eligible to download your certificate.
Welcome to the course Operational Analysis
The English version of this course is now available on our new LEARN platform. If you start the course new please do it on learn.baselgovernance.org.
Thanks for taking this course. After finishing it you will be able to:
- Understand the core responsibilities of a Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
- Differentiate between information and intelligence
- State the steps of the Intelligence Cycle
- Assess the risk of Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs)
- Conduct an analysis of STRs including all steps of the intelligence cycle:
- Create a collection plan and a working hypothesis
- Collect information from the STR, the FIU database and other domestic databases like police records
- Collect information from closed and opened international sources
- Evaluate and collate the information
- Analyse the information
- Create and disseminate reports of your findings
This course is self-paced. You can start, take breaks and continue at any time. It is structured in sessions that build on each other, so we recommend you start with Session 1. After successfully completing each session, you will be eligible for a certificate of completion.
This course is a joint development of the International Centre for Asset Recovery (ICAR) and the Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units. It is based on the content of the Egmont Group's "Tactical Analysis" on-site training.
- Egmont Group: Indicators and patterns of money laundering or terrorist
- Egmont Group: Operational guidance for FIU activities
- UNODC: Criminal Intelligence - Manual for Analysts