Quick Guide 5: Illicit enrichment
Andrew Dornbierer, Asset Recovery Specialist, explains what "illicit enrichment" or “unexplained wealth” mean – and how they can open the door to recovering stolen assets. He covers:
- What is illicit enrichment in a nutshell?
- What are the benefits for asset recovery?
- Is it a crime?
- Why is there some controversy?
- How is illicit enrichment investigated and prosecuted?
- Are there any recent case studies?
About this Quick Guide
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. It is part of the Basel Institute on Governance Quick Guide series, ISSN 2673-5229.
Integrity in the construction sector
This booklet was developed by Global Compact Network Brazil in partnership with Ethos Institute…
E-informality: smartphones as a new regulatory space for informal exchange of formal resources
Mobile phones and other technologies have transformed the nature and dynamics of informal social…